Internet Finds Of The Week #6
Hello world, are you having a nice weekend? It’s been a busy week and besides that, I also had a cold… so I’m glad that I’ll get the chance to relax today. I took Fritzi for a long morning walk, then we had a long breakfast and later I’ll go to the movies with a friend. If you also have time to relax today and want to browse the internet a little, let me give you some inspiration for that. These are my internet finds of the week:
1. This article, written by Will Tuttle, speaks of the importance of connecting with nature whenever we can. It’s a connection we humans somehow lost along the way and we need to find it again in order to continue our journey on this planet. A very inspiring article!
2. I don’t know how she does it, but the lovely girl from Healthy Blender Recipes, manages to make me drool with ALL of her recipes. Last week she postet this recipe of Vegan Gluten Free Double Chocolate Brownies, which I have to make very soon. Don’t they look awesome?
3. I’m always curious to read about farming because I like to daydream about having a little piece of land to call my own one day as well. I would grow my own veggies, fruits and flowers and have rescued chickens, goats and dogs run around everywhere… But anyhow, I just wanted to say that I found an interesting article about ‘wild farming’ that I found very uplifting for a change. While the world is full of factory farms, there are actually farms out there that try to make a difference by integrating their farms into the wild nature. I love this concept and hope that it will spread around the whole world. Read the article to learn more about it!
4. The BEST NEWS I heard this week was coming from McDonalds, who plans to stop using those terrible gestation crates as an animal breeding method. I don’t know why people invent those things in the first place and I will always hate that McDonalds is one of the driving forces for factory farming, but I’m glad that they seem to slowly make attempts towards a more humane treatment of animals. McDonalds, you still have a loooooong way to go, but thank you for making a first step!
5. In last weeks post I allready talked about the beauty of owning less. When I found this picture on pinterest I had to share it, because it just brings it to the point ; )
6. And because we all love cute animal pictures, here my favorite group hug of the week:
Have a great weekend everybody!