Do you also crave soup in the wintertime? I can’t get enough of it at the moment and have been making all kinds of different soups these weeks.
The one I’m sharing today is especially tasty. A mushroom soup with chestnuts, which add a delicious nutty flavor.
Mushroom Chestnut Soup
- 1 medium sized onion (cut in slices)
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 250 g crimini mushrooms (cut in halves)
- 100g parsley root (cut in cubes)
- 300g sweet potato (cut in cubes)
- 200g chestnuts (ready to use)
- 700ml vegetable broth
- 1 tsp salt and more to taste
- chili flakes (for topping)
Heat up oil in a medium sized pot and add onions an mushrooms. Cook until softened. Take out two tablespoons of it to use as topping later. Then add the rest of the ingredients, bring to boil and let simmer on low heat for about 20 minutes. When vegetables are softened, blend the soup with a hand blender and add more salt to taste. When serving, top the soup with onions and mushrooms and some sprinkles of chili flakes.